- Define general guidelines for return to instruction
- Describe continuum of instructional modes
- Academic units engage in discussion about instruction in their programs
- Draft experiential course guidelines
- Faculty indicate intent for on-campus or remote delivery
- Create classroom technology plans
- Advisers develop plans for supporting students
- Task teams address return to campus/classroom issues
- Develop options for graduate and international students
- Launch student poll on LionPath to indicate intent for on-campus or remote instruction
- Develop guidance and instructional design support for instructional modes
- Explain instructional modes
- Academic units confirm room needs
- Finalize guidelines on experiential learning
- Advisers prepare for student questions
- Finalize course modes on course schedule/reiterate course modes in Canvas descriptions
- Information shared for Start at Home/Continue at Home process
- Refine classroom schedules
- Launch webinars for instructors and student-facing staff
- Publish universal masking and PPE recommendation guidelines
- Hold workshops for faculty regarding technology, best practices, assessments
- Faculty communicate details of courses to students
- Launch Student Success and Engagement webinar series
- Craft syllabus wording guidance regarding: use of cameras, PPE, extended absences, etc.
- Develop information for students regarding: technology and loaners, use of cameras, expected behaviors
- Finalize guidelines for assessments
- Develop guidelines for academic integrity
Keep Teaching in Fall 2020
Resources to help Penn State faculty access the information they need to teach courses this fall.
We’re ready to help you
Delivery of fall curriculum will occur through a highly flexible mix of in-person, remote, and online instruction throughout the semester. For more information, visit the University’s Back to State page.
A task group of faculty, staff, and administrators is currently developing specific guidelines for teaching remotely and in-person during the fall 2020 semester. The task group is taking active steps to engage the Penn State teaching community in this process.
Read the July 12, 2020 update: Instructional Issues for Return to Resident Instruction