Get Started with These Quick Tips
These recommendations can help you take the first steps toward moving your course content to a remote delivery environment.
- Upload your syllabus to Canvas, allowing students to have easy access to important course information. Consider updating your syllabus to reflect any changes in your course expectations, including how the class may change and how you will stay in contact with students. Additionally, make sure due dates and assignments are updated as needed.
- Communicate with students often. If the situation changes, keep your students up-to-date. Be aware of any Penn State policy updates or changes. Consider using email and/or Canvas Inbox.
- Reach out to your department colleagues and leaders as you put your course together. You may be able to leverage other resources and share ideas.
- Set realistic expectations for what you and your students can do. Focus on achieving course learning objectives that have not yet been met. The distribution of points/percents should remain the same for course elements such as homework, assignments, and exams, but the format of each may change. If you make changes, inform students in advance.
- Realize the impact this may have on students and on you. What will participation realistically look like now, and how you can be equitable and accommodating to all?